Friday 21 January 2011

Perking Up A Bit

It was an early night last night. I finished Stasiland bang on 9.30 and it was a case of lights out and BBC Radio 5 Live on. I didn't get past the 10 o clock news bulletin.

ZzZzZzZz.

Awoke around 2ish. Dry mouth and feeling dehydrated. I decided the best course of action was to head to the fridge for a diet coke. It did the required job. Rehydrated and happy I resumed my slumber.

I still felt tired this morning. Maybe it is the dark mornings. Thankfully they are ebbing away and daylight is taking over.

Friday's are never too bad at work. Lunch today was French onion soup. Not bad.

Early evening saw housework and laundry and a sandwich. Tonight will be some TV and a bottle of wine. I have perked up and seemed to have found the energy.

The exercise count this week doesn't warrant a mention. I need to get on top of it.

Plans for the weekend? Hmmm. Not sure. Possibly a trip to browse the second hand books at Tynemouth Station Market. If I do this alone it will go well. If I go with a friend it will turn in to the usual "quick look round then off to the pub". A movie or two. Hopefully Der Lieben der Anderen will arrive tomorrow (The Lives of Others). a great flick about life in East Germany. It won best foreign language film at the Oscars 2 or 3 years ago.

It will soon be Monday. Such is the ironic thing about Friday evenings. What a bright way to end a Friday blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment