Sunday 2 January 2011

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

As predicted my typing skills were impaired on my return from New Year's Day imbibing so decided to leave blog entry until the morning after. Well, afternoon after. It was an incredibly lazy morning. Some would say that is what Sunday's are for (those who would argue against are more commonly known as church goers).

My wish for a quiet pub soon vanished as soon as I opened the doors at the Cumberland Arms. I've not seen it so busy in a while. It was claustrophobic to start with but after a while the crowds moved on to the next pub. Needless to say we didn't. Having diligently waited for some personal space we were not about to relinquish it and follow the masses.

A good few Guinnesses flowed and there was the usual chat about music, film, sports etc (I'm always happy to talk sport on the days that Sunderland win and when England stand on the verge in Australia!). The conversation also reflected back on 2010, mainly the USA trip, and looking forward to 2011.

Returned home to the curry made earlier and enjoyed with a JD & coke. Match of the Day was on but the Guinness clouded much of the action. SAFC 3 Blackburn 0.

So a lazy morning has evolved into a lazy Sunday afternoon. Xmas money put to good use and a 320GB hard drive has been ordered online. Now contemplating what to do with the rest of the day.

The fifth and final and potentially historic test match gets underway in Sydney at 23.00 UK time. I understand there is rain in the area. I'd rather see five full days but if the rain plays a part and the game is drawn I will take a 2-1 series win. I will try to post a preview blog but my prediction? England to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment