Monday 10 January 2011

I Have a Cunning Plan...

It is the finest comedy ever written. I almost know all of the scripts off by heart. But, I have never owned the DVD box set. Not until today that is. Today is a landmark day. Today the good people of HMV delivered my Blackadder box set. Now I have all Baldrick's cunning plans! Blackadder series 1-4 and the specials, including Blackadder's Christmas Carol. TV heaven. Comedy at it's finest.

So it was another Monday. Hooray I thought as the inevitable time arrived of hauling myself from slumber (a poor sleep let it be noted). An average morning followed by a luncheon of home made veg soup. The afternoon saw a trip to South Shields to look more closely at the route of a walk I am writing. It was freezing. Biting. The wind was coming right down the bend of the river.

Home again I set about making some tacos and homemade guacamole for dinner. This week I really need to exercise. Motivation. That is the key. I need to unlock the secret to motivation. I feel right now I lack it in all forms. I should have exercised this evening but chose to class my afternoon mosey as today's exercise. Probably fair enough on reflection.

Watched the first two episodes of Blackadder. The first series lacked something that was clearly present in series 2-4. Ben Elton co-writing was a factor. As was the probable "post mortem" from series one. Nevertheless very witty.

iPod on random shuffle and the haunting opening bars of John Lennon's Imagine are playing as I type this...

No comments:

Post a Comment