Wednesday 2 March 2011

Ballad of a Thin Man

OK so I played badminton today but I'm not getting carried away in thinking that I now have an Olympian physique (unless you are talking about a 1980s East German shot-putter - female at that!).

It just happened that as I type this I'm listening to Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited. I almost forgot what a classic album it was. Or is.

So my second week of badminton and I'm enjoying it. I used to play a bit and am pleased I dusted down the racket. It is on a drop in basis at the sports centre. I don't know anyone else but they seem friendly enough and no one is either hopeless or a potential gold medal winner so it's a good mix.

2 months ago the England cricket team were victorious in Australia 3-1. Retaining the Ashes in memorable style. Today (albeit in a different form of the game) they lost in the world cup to Ireland. To put that into perspective to my American readers thats like getting a few guys from your town, going to Yankee Stadium and beating the Yanks!

Fair play to Ireland...a fully deserved win. As a Guinness drinker I almost feel like an honorary Irishman anyway.

Bob Dylan in the background, the shiraz tasting delicious and a smattering of stilton to compliment it. Not a bad midweek evening at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment